Sunday 29 May 2011

Broom Skirt Refashioned

My Friend, Alli, brought me one of her skirts and asked me to do a remake of it. She found it a bit old hat and decided that she's like it remade. So I had a  go. I left the waistband and zip intact and cut large zigzag shapes from the top layer of the skirt. Then I cut square sections from the rest of the skirt and essentially sewing them on the bias. deliberately making the hem uneven and the skirt length varied. I then hemmed the raw edge with a small hem, and top stitched some of the seams. This is the finished skirt - What do you think Alli?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing such a top job and remaking my skirt. It was destined for the charity bag, but now it's back in my wardrobe, and I love wearing it!

    Talent - that's you! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...