Saturday 3 September 2011

SSS'11 and Free blouse tutorial and pattern

Well so far we're on day 3 and I've managed to wear something created or altered by me every day.
Yesterday I wore this yellow dress, which I refashioned from a child's dress (it was the skirt).

Today I'm wearing this brown linen tunic, that I got from a car boot sale and I embellished with embroidery and new buttons.

And finally - I finished the blouse! I made some flowers and used buttons for the centres, and as requested I did at tut and pattern. I've uploaded these to Burda and you can find them there. I'd love you to have a go too and let me know it works out for you. Email me with your creations based on my pattern and I'll post some of them here!


I've called the pattern WEEKEND BLOUSE. It's really easy (especially if I can come up with it).

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of wearing something you have made or altered every day, must give it a go, but should do some more sewing first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the idea of wearing something altered. I have some of hubby's shirts that I want to 'alter' for me.
    Thanks for the 'Burda' link.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! What a great idea to try to wear something you've upcycled every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a whirlwind of industriousness (is there such a word). Really like what you dod with the tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the way you have improved on the original pattern... you look so elegant in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you've been busy!

    I like the dress, a very good idea for recycling something that wouldn't ordinarily have fit!

    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers, so delicate. Am very jealous you can alter clothes- I'd love to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...