Friday 9 September 2011

SSS'11 Day 8 my take on the coffee date dress


I bought this lovely fabric back from China. It's been crying out for a dress to be made from it - so here it is and I wore it yesterday, along with a spotty jacket I bought from White Stuff in the sale.

I lengthened the bodice and omitted the ruffle for this version as I thought it would be too busy. I made the skirt slightly longer and fuller and added a contrast sash.

Today I have been bad and have not worn anything made by me - mainly because i've been doing stuff around the house, altering blinds and stuff - I'd have got filthy! and seeing as though most of my me made items are quite nice it didn't want to get them covered in sawdust etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...