Saturday 17 September 2011

Stash Busting, Good finds and SSS'11

Why is it that Saturday seems to fly by?  I walked t the haberdashery to buy thread for a top/dress I wanted to make and forgot the fabric - doh! I inevitably ended up with the wrong colour, which I had to change later in the day.

Each week I pop into St Bart's cottage shop - a couple of weeks ago I bought books, including the Batsford guide to sewing (lots of great tips). Today I went in looking for a tankard for John to drink his home brew from, but instead I noticed that they had a selection of sewing patterns at the extortionate cost of 20p each. So I bought 3.


Fiona, Richard and Vikki came over and we walked into Newbiggin and had a cuppa in the new Maritime Centre. The have some of my art works and I was pleased to hear that some had sold!

I spent some time re drafting my weekend blouse pattern to include sleeves, and cutting fabric for said blouse and for a multi coloured polka dot blouse based on the coffee date dress. Slowly but surely i'm getting through my stash of fabric. I then need to find somewhere to put the clothes!

I also helped John out with his home brew. The house smelled of hops and malt and reminded me of a certain day in the week when I was growing up and could smell the brew coming from Mansfield Brewery on the way to school in a morning.


As for SSS'11. I failed again yesterday - I spent most of the day stripping wallpaper in an old t shirt and pair of jeans. Today I at least managed to wear my refashioned shirt. I think I need a wider range of clothing to be able to do this justice. Maybe next time I take part i'll have a lot more me made stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...