Friday 9 March 2012

Twist dress

Imagine my surprise when I got my copy of this month's Burda magazine to find a similar style to the Pattern magic twist front dress. And I spent hours drafting it!

The fit was pretty good. in hind sight i'd have lowered the armscye, made the neckline higher - for modesty's sake and made the back neck darts a little deeper. The fabric I used had a nice drape, but creased like mad. I think it would be better in a slightly firmer fabric.

I also used an invisible zip for the first time - dead easy.

I have a couple of other projects from Burda lined up over the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Claire. Please may I order one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course - Will get one sorted for you when you get back. hope you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...