I've been looking forward to making this Jamie Christina coat since I won the pattern in Jane's giveaway a while back. You can see her awesome version of this coat over on her blog. This was the first time I'd won anything on a giveaway and I'm so excited to try it out.
I've decided to go straight for it - no muslin! I did measure the pattern pieces carefully and I've cut an 8. I think this will give me enough ease as I want to wear this as a jacket rather than a heavy coat.
I've chosen a red gaberdine with a red floral cotton lining. And I'll be making View B - which doesn't have the flounce.
I've cut it out and am ready to start on the bound button holes. Photo's at the weekend - when I've dug the camera out - I'm resisting using my phone as I know the pics will be poor.