Doesn't that image just make your eyes spin? - it's an odd effect that images of tiny spots has!
So I finally finished the dress that I made up from my vintage Maudella pattern. I adapted the pattern slightly to have a button from, rather than a zip. This worked well although I'd use a narrower button stand and vertical buttonholes next time.
|Strange side seams|
The bust darts were a little short and I lengthened them by about an inch. The armhole facings were HUGE, and even when stitched to the seams, would flap into the armscye - A bit of hemmit sorted out that problem, next time I make this dress, and I will - I already have fabric for version 2, I'll use a bias strip.
|Huge arm facings|
I do like the extended shoulders, which fold back to give a nice detail.
I used a slightly too firm interfacing for the collar, and will use something lighter next time. I like the contrast buttons (which I sewed on with my machine - first time I've done that) and feel the dress needs a matching belt, when I wear it. I haven't found one yet though.
I haven't worn this yet, as it's a dress for warmer weather, but hopefully it won't be too long!
Interfacing & Thread: - from stash