Last week I posted here about my daughter making her own dress. I had tried to get her to sew last year, but she wasn't really interested! This time, however, she was keen, wanted to do most of it herself and she did.
Through making this dress she is now confident in;
- Pinning and sewing a straight seam (with even seam allowance).
- Folding, pressing and sewing a baby hem.
- Using the overlocker to neaten seams.
- Pressing seams open and using a press cloth and tailors ham.
- Make Bias binding (and she understands what bias binding does).
- Insert a lapped zipper.
- Insert set in sleeves.
I just love the contrast sash - matching shoes needed now. I like it that my daughter has her own style and taste. She designed this dress and we planned and made it together. I don't think it will be long before she is making her own things without my help!