Sunday, 19 May 2013
I finally finished the dress I've been making for ages - it's a simple dress with a self drafted bodice and semi-circle skirt. I bought the fabric in February from John Lewis.
The photo isn't great and I'll try to get a better one soon. It fits well, but I think if I used teh bodice block again I'd shorten the waist by about 2cm. I'd obviously drafted for my long waist and then forgotten that i'd made an adjustment and added extra length.
I love the fabric and it looks great with their my blue or red cardigan. If the weather warms up I might just get a bit of wear out of it!
I wore it on Thursday as part of the Me Made May challenge. I've stuck to it, but as I'm repeating the same few garments rather a lot I haven't photographed them every time I've worn them.