Sunday, 19 June 2016
I made culottes and the fit (kind of)!
I had seen the curved yoke culottes in the May issue of Burdastyle magazine, and thought they would be perfect for the summer.
I bought a cotton and linen mix fabric from 1st for Fabrics in Longbenton, which was a very well behaved fabric and comfy to wear.
The pattern is quite easy to sew up, as long as you know what you're doing with curved seams and only has 4 pattern pieces.
I made the size 38. I would normally go for a 40 at the hip and grade down to the waist, but these are wide and the 38 is fine. In fact it could do with just a smidge off the waist as I founf that the culottes teneded to slide down a little (as you can see in the picture) and a couple of cm off at the waist would prevent that from happening.
I've already made the adjustmwnt to the pattern and will be making at least one more pair this year.
I also think they'd be great shorter or made as full length wide trousers.
There is a side zip on the left, but I think a pocket on the right side would be useful, so will add one in next time.
The top is also Burdastyle cap sleeve crop top from 2015