Wednesday, 11 January 2012

And it all went wrong

`muslin 1 - not a bad start.
I sorted the vanishing lapel... Well I thought I had.
I made the block and checked the fit.
I drafted the bodice and checked all my measurements.
I made the tricky bits in paper just to make sure I understood the construction.
I made 2 muslins to check the fit and the style.


BUT
It still didn't look right!

The style gave the appearance of narrowing the bust (which I don't need) and there was some odd gaping at the front.


Which would have been solved when a lining was added. I decided to leave this style for now. I need to think on how I can make it work for me.

Instead I settled for a 50's style self drafted dress. I'm using an old table cloth. Hopefully it will look good when I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. ur blog is beautiful
    new follower of ur blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...