Tuesday 5 May 2020

Artist Support Pledge

Dark Skies

UPDATE: Many of these work are now available as open edition fine art prints from £40 from my Saatchi gallery profile page with world wide shipping.


I'm a self-confessed Instagram fan. As an artist, I love the visual interface for sharing and admiring the work of others. Over the last weeks, I have been made aware of the artist support pledge. This was started by artist Matthew Burrows, who encouraged artists to support each other and sell affordable artwork during the Covid19 Lockdown.

Abstract Landscape II


The premise is simple. Artists sell pieces of their work for less than £200/ $200 (not including shipping). When an artist has made £1000 from sales they pledge to buy another artist's work for up to £200.


Blue Seas, Blue skies


I've decided to take part in this pledge. These pieces are all available framed (until I run out) at £120 including UK postage. Each of these pieces are approx 20 x 20cm mixed media piece on paper and are part of my Seaspace collection.


Abstract Landscape I

Seaspace is a body of work that celebrates the coast of North East England, where I live. These pieces represent the Sea and local landscapes that bring me joy and life. The sunlit sparkling water or the dark stormy sea and sky. It's a place I call home.

Abstract Landscape III

Abstract Purple Landscape


Blue Skies Over land

Storm

I breathe in the sea



10 comments:

  1. These are utterly beautiful. Sadly, I have no spare cash - but can I please put a link to this on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does this work. I adore these and would like to know how to buy, if you ship to Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you like my work. Unfortunately, i'm not able to ship to Australia at this time. However prints of my works will be avaiable on Redbubble - various items available and hopefully very soon on Saatchi as open edition prints. I'm still working on uploading to these at the moment.

      Delete
    2. Great! I'll keep an eye out but would love to hear when they are available.

      Delete
    3. Hi Lynne - Some of these are now available through Saatchi - https://www.saatchiart.com/claireacooper

      Delete
  3. Oops, forgot the notify option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic paintings and what a wonderful idea. I have artist friends in South Africa that are doing something similar. Thanks for joining in with #pocolo and hope to see you back next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good idea. I hope it works for you and everyone involved. You have some beautiful work.
    #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...