Saturday 25 February 2012

Ruffle it up


A while ago I was give this very long charcoal grey cardigan by my mother in law - because I like that sort of thing (aparently). I don't! the quality of the knit was rather patchy and the pockets had stretched in an unattractive fashion when they had been sewn on. It was way too long and frumpy.


I put it in the drawer and forgot about it. Then I saw this in the Burda magazine.


I thought I'd use this as inspiration for improving this cardigan. So I chopped off the length, Hemmed it. removed the pockets and cut strips to make ruffles from the off cut.


It's ok and I at least might get some wear out if it now!

8 comments:

  1. What a transformation and re make do and mend job, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just goes to show what can be done with something seemingly uninspiring. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so good, well done. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really trendy with the ruffles. Would never have thought of that myself. Great to be upcycling :-)

    Alison

    Blue Forest Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, it's surprising what a bit of snipping, sewing and gathering can do. Well done.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't even look like the same piece! What a great improvement, it looks really nice and fashionable now. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great job you made of it! Looks totally differen. Mich :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...