Sunday 13 May 2012

Wedding Dress Progress


It seems like ages since I posted about the Wedding Dress. I've been spending all my spare time on it and it's coming on nicely. Most of the major construction is done. I did a final fitting yesterday to check it fitted Elaine correctly.

Buttons
Loops in place

This weekend I've been sewing on buttons, button loops and doing the hem. The under layer was machined but I needed to hand fell stitch the top layer -All 3 metres of it!

Hand stitched hem - wrong side
Hand stitched hem - right side

It's taken me longer than I thought as there has been a lot of hand stitching. I still need to hem the neck edge. Yep by hand. Three weeks to go until the wedding and this dress will be finished this week.

12 comments:

  1. Well, this looks tiring but beautifully stitched!
    P.S. Thank you for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rouleau loop buttons... I think they look great running down the back of a dress, well done on getting it ready so soon before the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking lovely. Love the buttons and loops - a lot of work but absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it on the bride. I am sure she is so pleased with all your hard work. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You must have so much patience but it is beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you must have so much patience, your work is so intricate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine taking on such a large project, but it will be so awesome to be finished. Cannot wait to see the final product. I am sure it will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!! I wanted to make my own wedding dress but there is no way I could manage it - I can certainly see why they cost so much! Look forward to seeing it on the bride! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow beautiful - can't wait to see it all finished. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those buttons and loops look gorgeous.I can't wait to see the full dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, what a lot of work but worth every stitch, the fabric looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the finished dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I bet its going to look gorgeous!

    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...