Sunday 17 July 2016

Off the shoulder top


I thought I'd jump on the cold shoulder top bandwagon; after all it is summer! Even if it doesnt feel like it.
This is style #104 from burdastyle 02/2014. It had caught my eye at the time and has a nice retro feel.
I made the size 38, but feel it's a bit big. I'm loathed to go down a size as it might be too tight acorss the arms.
I do like the drafting and its not low enough to be revealing, it feels secure and modest,  but also shows enough shoulder to be on trend.


I have some red spotty fabric to make another version. This black cotton has a tendency to crease rather a lot and it would be better in a fabric that has body, but does not crease. A stable knit or scuba fabric might work well with added bonus that it would not need a zipper.

The pattern could easily be adapted to include a ruffle at the neckline. I might try this with my next version.


I think this is going to get a lot of wear over the summer. I've worn it here with a full skirt (refashioned) but it would also look great with capris or skinny jeans. how would you wear it, and what would you do to improve the fit?

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can't believe that you sewed the top, it is so pretty! I really want to start sewing but right now I am going to stick to knitting for now.


    Rachel
    CreativityandCrazy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of it and you're right it'd go equally well with capri pants and jeans too. Looking forward to seeing your variations on a theme! Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely - I've always liked off the shoulder tops. Impressed you made it! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...