Friday 23 March 2018

Who Said Pigs Cant Fly?


Don't you just love this fabric? I saw this just before Christmas when I was at the Sewing Machine Guy's shop in Ellington. I didn't buy any then, but my hubby bought 3m for me as a Christmas pressent. They are out of stock at the moment, but more is on order I believe.

I knew I wanted an everyday dress and a style that would show off the fabric and not interupt the design.

I used the basic bodice from Gertie's Ultimate dress book, but rotated the bust darts into the waist darts. I transfered the neckline from the princess seamed bodice and added the short sleeves - these I widened to allow a bit more movement as they were a bit tight on the toile I made. The Skirt is simple gathered rectangle but IT HAS POCKETS - !!!!!!!


The dress is unlined, and has a bodice facing. - seams are overlocked.  The seams are hand stitched.
The fabric is a good weight cotton and works well with tights and a cardy in cooler weather, but will be perfect for the summer too. I can see me getting a lot of wear out of this.

check out my pattern matching.

I made most of this dress just after Christmas. I had pressed and pinned the hems before my op, so sitting and hand stitching them when I came out of hospital was quite theraputic.


Do you have a favourite novelty print garment? I think I'm rapidly going off florals and prefer other prints.

2 comments:

  1. I have a 'crayon' dress and I think it's great. From a distance it doesn't look like crayons, Just random colours but when you get up close... I love watching peoples faces when they realize what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be fun - Its great when people really look at the fabric and it's not what it first appears to be.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...