Sunday 2 June 2019

Me Made May Review


Well, I made it to the end of May and I wore me made every day. I didn't manage quite as much colour as I'd like, but I think that's down to many of my more colourful items being summer wear and it's not been that warm.

I didn't document my outfits simply as life has been far too hectic to do so and I can't stand bathroom selfies - unless the bathroom is stunning.

So what have I learnt about my me made collection?

I have enough me made to wear every day without having to really try and many of my me mades didn't get a look in.


I wear dresses for work - a lot!


Finding separates for work is more tricky. I only have one plain skirt to pair with many patterned tops. I think I need plain bottom pieces - skirts and trousers that are suitable for work.


When I'm not at work I often wear very casual clothes -  jeans/ shorts and a t-shirt/ hoodie. I now have two me made pairs of jeans and two pairs of culottes. I have lots of sorbetto tops.

One thing I think I'm missing is a hoodie/ sweatshirt to wear with my jeans. the one I've been wearing is a cast off from my boys and they had it second hand. It's starting to get a bit tatty, as are my cardigans. I need to make or buy some to go with all the dresses I wear.





I have been quite busy making - I have recently completed 3 pieces for Minerva Crafts Reviews so more on those later. I've also made a dress for a party I'm going to next week. Made in a couple of hours this afternoon.



May has been busy at work and we have had several workshops making costumes and a giant flying saucer ready for the Whitley bay carnival, which took place last weekend. The theme was out of this world. we had about 40 adults and children dressed up, parading, dancing and drumming. It was a great atmosphere, so on that day, it was a completely different me made.

Our Flying Saucer

Dancing along the street in our flying saucer costumes
So what lies ahead for June? A quieter making month. I have report deadlines coming up and I'll be spending a lot of time doing those. I have a couple of things that I need to do, but that will be it really until the end of the term in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...