Saturday 6 June 2020

What on earth do I say?

I have no words for what I have seen. I can't express my thoughts or feelings with clarity. I don't know what to say but I am horrified at the brutal way people have been treated. I know this has gone on for years, in my own society as well as America and I am disgusted. So I will share only a prayer that I read on Red Letter Christians written by Dominique Gilliard

May God bless you with holy anger at white supremacy, police brutality, and racial oppression, so that you may tirelessly work for justice, freedom, and peace among all people.

May God bless you with the gift of tears to shed with those who suffer from systemic racism, xenophobia, and anti-blackness, so that you may sacrificially reach out to them in love, learn how to stand in solidarity with them, and work alongside them to transform broken systems and structures.

May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we really CAN make a difference in this world, so that we are able, with God’s grace, to help the Church do what others claim cannot be done: truly become an interconnected Body, where when one part suffers, every part suffers with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...