Monday, 28 October 2013

Now that's Cowl!

This is a quick refashion I did today. It's the first time I've worked with knit fabrics and the results aren't perfect, but they are wearable.

I got the skirt at my last clothes swap, but it was a small size 8 and was rather too tight at the waist. I thought it might make a nice cowl dress - I was going to do one with Kimono sleeves, but there wasn't enough fabric.

I've been on the lookout for a cowl pattern in jersey and low and behold there was one in this month's Burdastyle magazine. (11/2013 #112) I traced off the pattern and made up the dress. it was rather too big at the waist and lacked definition, so I took about two inches off at the waist on both sides.

Not bad for a first go - I'm thinking this will be paired with leggings, boots and my teal coloured cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...