Sunday 6 March 2016

The White Witch #worldbookday



This is the first year I have not had to make costumes for my children for World Book Day. But my School were celebrating and the staff were included. I decided to go as the white witch form The lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis.

The skirt was a cotton summer dress with a net overlay. I serged the two layers together and added inch wide elastic to form a quick waist band.
The top was a simple corset with plastic boning that I made on a course about 2 years ago. It just needed the eyelets putting in and the bias edging. I bought a crepe backed satin top from a charity shop for less than £1 and used it to make the binding. The shawl was made from left over fabric. I just stitched the ends together to make a tube and wore it around my shoulders. As it was cold I wore a camisole top and leggings underneath.
My shoes are my go to partywear. Silver glitter shoes by Read or Dead from Schuh. Whiile they are comfy, my feet were killing me after standing teaching all day!!!!


I applied funky shaper gel to my hair and backcombed into place, finishing with a layer of white coloured hair spray. I was surprised that it stayed in all day. My make up was simple. I just replaced all powder and blusher with white eye shadow. I used pale green eyeshadow on and under the eyes and finided with blue eye liner and my usual mascara. The headdress was made by my daughter.

The whole look stayed in very well. But I was so glad to wash it all off at the end of the day.

7 comments:

  1. Great job - you look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what about the tiara?! Everything is lovely and top effort grade to you (hope you were popular!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool look - I love that you all got involved! (And I love that necklace!) x #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfit, Claire. The kids must have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Well done you for getting involved. :)
    Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...