Friday 13 April 2018

Sewinspiration - I need your help.



I've just had a delivery of the most gorgeous cornflower blue poly slinky jersey from Minerva Crafts.
I have 3m of it.
I was going to make a Kielo wrap dress, but now I'm not so sure.

Damsel in a Dress from John Lewis
The fabric is of a similar drape and look to this dress. I LOVE THIS DRESS, but something like this would just show off every lump and bump.  So I want something that shows the lovely drape of the fabric, but is not too form fitting as it's polyester and I sweat!

Here is where I need your help. I just can't make a decision would you help me make it? I've narrowed it down to a short list of options - many are from Burdastyle as I have loads of magazines. I'm also a fan of Vivienne Westwood's draped dresses and this could be a fantastic fabric for one of these.

Are you ready? Here we go?
(Don't forget to vote for the one you think I should do in my poll - It's in the sidebar!).

1. (the original idea) Kielo wrap dress  - Named Patterns

Named Patterns

2. The bowfront dress from Pattern Magic


3. Long Sleeve flounce Dress Burdastyle #112 01/2017


4. Gathered Blouse Burdastyle #123 09/2016


5. Gathered Tube dress Burdastyle #101 06/2013


My other options require me to do a bit of drafting.

6. My asymmetric dress. I made this in a woven and it will need a bit of work to make it succeed as a knit dress.

The rest of my options are based on pattern puzzles from Studio Faro - these really do lend themselves to a drapey dress.

7. The Drape shift  dress from Studio Faro

Studio Faro
8. The Wrap Drape Tunic from Studio Faro

Studio Faro
9. Cowl Tee from Studio Faro

Studio Faro
Which would you make - don't forget to vote!


1 comment:

  1. So many options! You have such a lovely figure choose one that shows it off rather Pathan hiding it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...