Monday 20 July 2020

Stuff and Nonsense



It's been a bit of a manic week in the Coopsvillle household. The last week of the school year always is. I'd plans to be super creative, but have just ened up being annoyed at myself as I've made some stupid mistakes.

I was in school 4 days this week and spent the other day trying to mark all the work and make sure everything was finished off and I'm sorted with plans for September. I  haven't been teaching in my room this term, but other people have and it's going to need some sorting out before the children arrive, so that will be a couple of days just tidying and getting set up for the new term.


I have also suffered with a couple of bad Hayfever days in the last week. This is unusual as It's normally past it's worst by the end of term. My eyes are itch and sore today too - lurking in the house when I really want to be outside. The first one was last Sunday - Bethan and I took the dog on a long walk up to Cresswell (ice cream stop before returning).


It's over the dunes and along the headland. I'm normally free of hayfever by this point in the year, but after our walk on Sunday I was fit for nothing and thoroughly miserable.


I have a few sewing projects on the go, but nothing finished. I'm making some stripey culottes, inspired by a Boden skirt. The pattern is a burdastyle magazine one that I haven't made before, so it was back to the tracing from the rather confusing looking pattern sheets (actually they're not that bad when you know how they work). 


I also have some lovely cotton sateen - can't quite decide what to make with it - I keep changing my mind - yes, I know it will make lovely capri trousers or a wrap dress. I'm just not sure that's what I want to make with it - I'd like something a bit more unusual - so If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.


I also tried to make another bra - complete fail this time. Sewn well, but for some reason It's just too small. I'd even made a test version, which was ok. However once I used the Duoplex Tricot the cups were too small - I'm not sure what Ive done wrong here, but I'll take it apart and reuse the elastics and powernet as that is the right size. It's frustrating!!!!

I'm planning to do some painting this week, I haven't painted since half term and need to get the brushes out. I might even do some printmaking too. I'm going to have another go at Simplicity 8436 and I'd like to make the Noelle Bralette and knickers by Madalynne. I need some elastics and fabrics for this - I already have some navy stretch lace.


We've planted a few veggies earlier in the year and I'm hoping we will actually get something edible from them. The lettuces are doing well and the tomatoes seem to be going string in the greenhouse. The courgettes are starting to flower, so I'm hoping the bugs and beasties will stay away we'll end up with some lovely homegrown food to eat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...