Wednesday 26 May 2021

Hoodie Pattern Review - Burdastyle 103 January 2017


After the issues I had with the zero waste hoodie I made a few weeks ago. I decided to follow a pattern and make a looser fit top. I had my eye on this one from Burdastyle Magazine. It's in the Janurary 2017 issue. I liked the style lines and the shape of the hood.

I bought this cozy petrol coloured sweatshirt fabric from 1st For Fabrics during lockdown and have only just got around to sewing it up.

The pattern is drafted very well and came together very quickly. The fabric behaved well and is cozy without being too thick. I wondered if my machine would be able to cope with the multiple layers of fabric at the front of the hood, but it was fine and I had no issues at all.

I sewed this on my Pfaff select 3.2 with a Smetchz stretch needle. The seams were sewn with a narrow zigzag length 2 and width 1; they were neatened with my overlocker. I omitted the eyelets and instead made a buttonhole opening for the hood cord, which I had reclaimed from an old hoodie.

I made a size 38, which is my usual Burdastyle size, but could have easily sized down as this pattern is very roomy and this hoodie is definitely loose fit, but hey! Who doesn't love a baggy hoodie. 

I'm looking forward to wearing this as a cover-up on cooler summer evenings and early mornings or while I'm warming up during workouts or skate sessions. It will certainly replace my old hoodie - which has 3rd hand (at least), stained and has now been relegated to the gardening/ decorating pile.

Photos taken by my daughter on our dog walk. It was a bit blowy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...