Sunday 9 May 2021

Ultraviolet T: Paprika Patterns

 

Lisa from Paprika Patterns approached me about making up a couple of their newly released patterns and I was excited to take part. 

This is the Ultraviolet T. It is cleverly designed to work with both knit and woven fabrics and each has it's own cut lines. The pattern is a boxy T with grown on sleeves. It comes in different cup sizes and a good range of sizes. The larger cup sizes have a darted bodice, but as I was sewing up the smaller sizes I chose the version without the dart.

 

Originally this pattern was released by Erin at Tuesday Stitches, but when she closed her shop. She worked with Lisa at Paprika Patterns in order for the patterns to still be available for the sewists out there. This one was released this week.

Initially, I was a little dubious about if this top would find a place in my wardrobe as it is quite cropped, but I do love the curved hem and I love a woven T.

I sewed this up in some fabric that I had tie-dyed last year, which is why it looks so creased. It feels comfy to wear and is perfect for those warm days where you need something loose and breezy.

 

Initially I was a little confused with the no trim PDF, but once I had worked out the layout it was easy to follow.

The instructions are super easy and I love using a bias band for both the neckline and the hem, it gives a super neat finish and looks cool with the tie-dye.

Today I have worn this with my jeans, but it would work very well with shorts or high waisted pants. It would be great as a cover up over a strappy dress too. I think this pattern has a lot of possibilities. Do go take a look.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...