Wednesday 18 August 2021

Long Awaited Wedding

 

What seems like a very, very long time ago, my friend Fliss asked me to make her wedding dress. She was due to get married last August, but with ever changing COVID restrictions the wedding date was changed. Fliss and Carl got married last week and had a fantastic day. 

Fliss sent me some photos from the day and has given me permission to share them here.

We spent several months deciding on the style, fitting a toile and finally making the dress. It was made in a white duchess satin and lined in cotton. the bodice was a simple princess seamed, boat necked style and the panelled skirt was full with a longer back than front. 

The dress was simply embellished by a diamante detail on a ribbon at the waist and small pearl buttons down the back.

Fortunately the dress was just about finished before lockdown hit last year, but it did need hemming before Fliss collected it last May. Fliss is the same height as me, so I set my dress form to the correct height and went from there. She was happy with the length, which was a relief.

I checked in with her a few weeks ago just to check nothing needed to be altered before the big day, but all was good. I think you'll agree that she looks stunning and her and Carl look so happy. I'm wishing them all the best as they start their married life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...