Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Ripping stitches

I spent most of yesterday afternoon with my stitch ripper in hand, carefully taking apart the dress I bought yesterday (see my previous post). The dress is a two piece, with a side zip. This would make adjusting the side seam rather difficult. As the dress is rather sack like it needs tailoring a little more. However the front of the dress is embroidered and putting front darts in would spoil the design. So I've decided on a back zip and back darts. and use bust darts and side seam shaping to tailor it to fit. I'm also going to ditch the sleeves, although I might use the fabric to make binding for the armholes or to make a simple matching drawstring bag. I have shoes and earrings that match anyway - Hope this is going to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...