I've become a little obsessed with the Transformation Reconstruction method of pattern designing. and have spent hours looking at videos on you tube documenting different techniques.
I thought I would have a go at a ribbon dress. I used the coffee date dress pattern from the burda website as a basic template. and made a muslin.
I then cut into the skirt and added sections to part of the skirt to create fullness. Being rather slapdash and rather impatient I stuck these in using sellotape.
Then I traced the line of the ribbon.- apparently you need to hit 3 dart points to ensure the pieces will be flat. - this did seem to work.
I adjusted this line and blocked the area with cross hatching to ensure I didn't get the pieces mixed up. The checked the line and adjusted where necessary, adding notch marks to aid matching when reconstructing. then I cut carefully along the line.
That's it so far. I don't always make a muslin, but for this I will make a second one. I need to know that it will work before investing in some nice fabric - as it is rather heavy on the amount needed. Keep checking back and i'll update you as I go along. Hopefully it will work and look good.