Friday 6 April 2012

Dress and Blouse Refashion

John had bought me this skirt a couple of years ago in a sale. I love the fabric and the colours, but the fit was a little off and I don't have any tops that go with this, so I decided to remake it into a summer dress.

I added a side zip and used the waistband to make the straps. 

 

I used a pink ribbon at the waist and a thinner one to cover the raw edge in the bodice. The fabric had a little elastane in it, which stretched slightly under the arms. I used a gathering stitch to ease the excess and steamed it out. still a little more to do on the right side.


The second refashion was a blouse that I have loved wearing, but found the bottom frill made it look a bit dated. I used to wear it for work, when I could be more casual, but I now need to wear it tucked in to meet the dress code at work. So I removed the shirring elastic and removed the frill. I finished it with a narrow hem - ready for casual or smart :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that floral print. The refashion reminds me a little of my own except you put so much more work into yours. Great job!

    http://everythingemmetaylor.blogspot.com/2012/03/ten-second-refashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt-to-dress works really well, fabric is beautiful and the pink ribbon really sets off the colour. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...