Friday 13 April 2012

Sewing by hand

I've started the dress today. In order to ensure I don't get greasy marks on the fabric I removed the covers from the dining table and worked directly onto the smooth table top.
I moisturised my hands well to stop the delicate fabric snagging on my dry skin.
I made sure I used only my sharpest pins and needles and began.


I cut out the fabric and then hand basted the two layers together. I also thread traced the seams. I only completed the very outer layers and still have the inner foundations to thread trace and mark.


I found it really relaxing and surprisingly enjoyable. I guess I knew it was going to take some time so relaxed into it.

10 comments:

  1. oo, that's teasing! Can't wait to see the finished thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric looks gorgeous - enjoy! Looking forward to seeing the finished dress x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric is lovely. It's going to look stunning when you've finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh can't wait to see the finished article, the fabric looks beautiful. Get a shuffle on!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare I was thinking about Wedding dresses I had made recently, and realised that although I love making them, just cannot bear to see them on the Big Day as I keep thinking about how I could have improved on them... nightmare!

    Cannot wait to see the finished dress, fabric looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So looking forward to seeing the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabric is beautiful. Can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just teasing only showing us a sneak peek! Looking forward to seeing the finished article! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks really beautiful - looking forward to seeing the finished article! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful colour, keep taking photo's of your progress, it will be good to see it coming together.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...