Saturday 19 November 2011

Flower skirt


I've had this in my refashioning stash for ages. I used to love this dress, but the style is rather unflattering for me. I loved the fabric and didn't want to get rid of it.

I look the skirt off the bodice, and used my dressform to drape the skirt. I'm not sure this was the best way of doing this as getting the seams even was rather tricky - I think i'll stick to pattern drafting for this type of refashion in the future.

I put a box pleat in at centre front, darts to front and back and a lapped zipper from my stash. I decided on a faced waistband as I like skirts that sit a little lower than my natural waist.


All in all I'm quite pleased with it.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So cute!! I'm a new follower. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back if you like.


    Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
    glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this refashion! The dress was cute but I would feel kind of dorky or too old to wear that style so I probably would have done the same rather than let the poor thing just collect dust. Thanks for linking up!
    Justine @ Sew Country Chick

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...